12.2.13

you don't have to do it alone

When my husband goes out of town, I'm reminded–as friends help with babysitting and invite us for dinner–that no one needs to go through life alone. There is beauty and strength that comes from living as part of a community. We all help each other. We all depend on each other. We sustain each other.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I am happy we have a little community. I remember once long ago, my sister in law talking to me and just crumpling. She wasn't going to church, didn't work outside of the home, didn't have kids in school, she was home. All the time. It took a huge toll. She said "I have three children and no friends. I literally don't know a single person in this world outside of this house." I remember feeling so... lonely for her. Almost soul sucking black, even kind of claustrophobic. I wanted so much for her to have what I have, a community of lovely friends I could call on for a chat, some help, a place to be if I was sad, or even just a hug. I didn't know how to help, other than invite her to hang out with me and my friends, but we all had babies and she didn't want anything to do with the church (she was inactive, she is now three years later back to church and her family is sealed. She's a RS teacher) She has people now. I love that we can have people to love and to love us! It's huge to have that.

    ReplyDelete