8.1.16

books i've read the past few months

I love those quiet moments of reveling in a mind other than my own, hearing words I'd heard a million times but in a new way, imagining things I'd seen before but never with these eyes. I love reading books that catapult me into a state of being convinced that I can dream, be, do anything, books that fill me with gumption and feed my free spirit, or open my heart, or cleanse old wounds, or fill me with pride in my woman heritage. I've spent much of the past few, overcast days curled up in a large recliner with a warm mug of tea in one hand and a book or iPad in the other. I've cherished these days, knowing they are a rare treat and beautiful gift.

  • Ingrid (Chandler)
  • Heat Wave (Castle)
  • Celebrating the Great Mother (Johnson & Shaw)
  • Cocaine Blues (Greenwood)
  • Women Who Run With the Wolves (Estes)
  • Heat Rises (Castle)
  • Women Healers of the World (Bellebuono)
  • Seasons of the Witch (Monaghan)
  • A Force for Good (Goleman)
  • Frozen Heat (Castle)
  • Will I Ever Be Good Enough? (McBride)
  • Goodnight Mr. Wodehouse (Sullivan)
  • Flying Too High (Greenwood)
  • Encyclopedia of Goddesses and Heroines (Monaghan)
  • Murder on the Ballarat Train (Greenwood)
  • Wild (Strayed)
  • The School of Essential Ingredients (Bauermeister)
Still on my short list...
  • Communicating Nature
  • Persuasion
  • Wise Women
  • Big Magic
  • The Penelopiad
  • The Mandala Workbook
  • Almost Famous Women
  • The Road
  • Eleanor Roosevelt Vol. 1
  • Station Eleven
  • Seven Summers 
  • The Rabbit Back Literature Society
  • The Art of Eating
  • The Host

No comments:

Post a Comment