10.8.14

bake shop children's book

I took the kids to the library one morning, a couple of weeks ago. And as we walked through the children's section, I glanced at the box of board books near the miniature tables and chairs and THIS book was sitting on top of the stacks in the box. I wondered if it had magically been put there so that I would see it as it called out to me, "Take me home!" I never would have found it otherwise. Never would have experienced that delight in its story and pictures. It was serendipity. 

Don't you love it when good, unexpected things land in your life path? :) It's an adorable book. 



Oh, and I just had to add this picture. :). I found it on the internet (gosh, don't remember where now), and saw so much familiarity in it. (Although, my railroad is actually called "Of Baked Goods.") The interesting thing is, when I say I'm an introvert, people wonder if I even like to socialize or if I like large groups of people. I do, but then, I'm also a complex person (I kid not; my therapist said that, too), and it totally depends on the situation. Hey, I really enjoy public speaking (largest crowd ever: 10,000 people). I'm learning that what people really need to hear about me is, "I like being around people, but I eventually hit a point where I'm overdrawn and need to be alone." (Also, "I like being around my kids/friends, but I eventually hit a point where I'm overdrawn and need to be alone.") Life is all about balance, right? Everybody has a space that they withdraw into. And our spaces are all different. What are your spaces? 

No comments:

Post a Comment